FREE UK DELIVERY on orders over £60 30 DAY RETURNS on all items HUNDREDS OF GIFTS ONLINE
Tractor 5 Piece Set - Massey Ferguson Fordson David Brown Field Marshall Diecast Model 1:76 Scale - Oxford
Tractor 5 Piece Set - Massey Ferguson Fordson David Brown Field Marshall Diecast Model 1:76 Scale - Oxford
Tractor 5 Piece Set - Massey Ferguson Fordson David Brown Field Marshall Diecast Model 1:76 Scale - Oxford
Tractor 5 Piece Set - Massey Ferguson Fordson David Brown Field Marshall Diecast Model 1:76 Scale - Oxford
Tractor 5 Piece Set - Massey Ferguson Fordson David Brown Field Marshall Diecast Model 1:76 Scale - Oxford
Hover over image to zoom

Tractor 5 Piece Set - Massey Ferguson Fordson David Brown Field Marshall Diecast Model 1:76 Scale - Oxford

£29.95
1 in Stock
Quantity: - + Total: £29.95
NEXT DAY DELIVERY AVAILABLE
NEXT DAY DELIVERY AVAILABLE
CLICK & COLLECT AVAILABLE
CLICK & COLLECT AVAILABLE
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Description
Delivery

Oxford Diecast 5 Piece Tractor Set 

An Accurate Scale Collectors Model 

1:76 Scale Model

Die Cast with Plastic Parts 

Officially Licenced 

Average Size 4cm x 1.5cm x 1.5cm

Comes in presentation box

Age 14 Plus 

From the Oxford Commercials Range 

Fordson was the brand name of a range of tractors manufactured by Henry Ford, the multi-talented American motor tycoon. Apart from being a successful businessman, Henry Ford was also an inventor and his first Fordson tractor was put into mass production in 1917. By 1925, he had made over half a million of them, used not only in the USA and Canada but in Britain as well. As a result of the US recession of the 1920s and 1930s, Ford moved production to the Irish Republic in 1929 before moving again to Dagenham in the UK, which was to become the home of the Ford Motor Company for decades afterwards. The Fordson marque was subsequently replaced by the Ford name but UK Ford tractors continued in manufacture until the company was sold off to Fiat in 1991.

After the war Standard had a large empty factory in Banner Lane, Coventry, which was standing idle ,it had been making aero engines. Sir John Black, Standard's managing director, agreed with Harry Ferguson to manufacture tractors for him. The TE20 (TE = Tractor England) was the result and first came off the production line on the 6 July 1946. The little grey Fergie as it became known was a milestone, not only for Ferguson but agriculture in general. Earlier versions used an imported American engine, but soon a 2088 cc unit, that had been developed for the Standard Vanguard, became available and was fitted instead from July 1948. By 1956 a total of 517,651 (including variants) had been built. This was a sign of its great popularity and even today many TE20s are still in use.

David Brown Tractors, founded in 1860, has its company roots in West Yorkshire and the Brown family remained involved with the firm right up to 1990, when they sold their stake prior to the company being listed on the London Stock Exchange. This tractor is from the 1950s and comes in bright yellow with black seat and backrest, black steering wheel and yellow wheel inserts.

The Massey Ferguson 135 was built in the Banner Lane factory Coventry with the original design of rear 3 point rear linkage and plough draft control by Harry Ferguson.
This 1:76 replica comes in bright red with white roof and exhaust stack and black interior. The wheels are red and silver and the engine is coloured a blue grey. Note the Massey Ferguson 135 lettering along the sides above the engine and the Massey Ferguson marque on the front grille. The model will be a favourite for all the many farm model enthusiasts, young and old, for whom tractors hold a life-long fascination.

This farm tractor is modelled on the Field Marshall produced post 1945 and comes in their signature green colour scheme. The Lincolnshire based company of Marshall, Sons & Co started manufacturing tractors in 1930, the year which saw the launch of the single cylinder Marshall 15/30. Various upgrades were introduced during the 1930s, although production was reduced during the war years when the factory was engaged in war work. The Field Marshall - a much improved tractor - was introduced immediately after WWII with the Series 1 (1945-1947). Series 2 followed between 1947 and 1949, Series 3 (1949-1953) and finally Series 3A (1953-1957). Up to the time of Series 3, which had an optional electric starter, the starting mechanism was by present standards, quite antiquated. The method comprised a smouldering piece of paper containing saltpetre, which was inserted into the cylinder head by means of a special screw-in holder in the cylinder head. The driver then had to crank up the engine with a starting handle.
The main uses for the Field Marshall Tractor included pulling agricultural machinery from place to place, such as threshing machines. Once in situ, they were a familiar sight in use as the power plant with a belt pulley coupled by a large flat drive belt to the pulley of the secondary machine.

 

£4.25 UK Mainland Delivery
£7.95 Next Working Day Delivery - Orders must be placed by 12noon
£4.95 Scottish Highlands Delivery

...